- TRANSSEXUAL KARR. Creepy-crazy one-time JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr tells B.A.R. that he had sought a sex-change operation to evade the cops.
- FUR-SURE. The annual Lazy Bear Weekend grabbed $180,000 for charity.
- AIDS IN DA HOUSE. Developers are interesting in building housing for folks with AIDS on two city-owned parking lots in the Castro: one behind the Walgreen's at Castro and 18th, the second behind the Castro Theatre.
- CRIME & PUNISHMENT. Scads of burglaries, including an 18th Street house robbery while the victim was still home.
- OUT THERE. Esteban Sabar Gallery in Oakland is mounting (harr!) bare-naked art in "Full Frontal: a male view of the male figure" from Sept. 7-30.
- KARRNAL KNOWLEDGE. Although No. 1 sucked (harr again!), A Rim with a View Number 2 is a hit; "relish each wisp of corn-silk hair that rings the rosy rectums of the movie's blondes." Gorgeous!
[Drawing: Curious Glance, by Fernando Reyes; charcoal, white chalk on tan BFK Rives paper, 30"x22"; 2007. From "Full Frontal" exhibit]