Saturday, July 07, 2007

Mo'Nique boosts charms of 'Charm School'

Talk about so bad it's fabulous: I caught an episode of Vh1's Flavor of Love Girls Charm School, a reality show that tackles the question: Ever wonder what became of the girls so nasty, vicious and rough-around-the-edges that even badly aging rapper Flavor Flav didn't want them? Charm School is hosted by one of my favorite plus-sized comedians, Mo'Nique (left), who I loved in The Parkers. (My favorite TV shows are meant for black women. To wit: Girlfriends. Go figure!) In her new gig, Mo'Nique tries to infuse a little class in Flavor of Love breakout stars Buckwild, "the blackest white girl in America," and Pumkin, who'll be forever known as the spitter in her fight with the show's top star, New York. Charm School is worth watching if only to see these chicks in plaid-skirt uniforms! Want more? I've programmed Flavor of Love episodes in Flicks, in the sidebar, right. [Photo: Oxygen]

No comments: