Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Kabuki visit, and the age-old question

Will there be anyone cute there? The answer last night was, yes. He was the guy with a dragonfly tattoo spreading across his muscular upper back -- something I noticed when I first saw him at Gold's on Market Street, back when I worked out there.

I like the Kabuki. There's a sexual tension on men-only Saturdays that's unlike anything in a regular bathhouse. I suppose that's because -- officially, even on Saturdays, when it's almost all-gay -- the place isn't about sex. It's supposed to be about contemplation, finding a quiet space. And it certainly has all that. But in that dim lighting, surrounded by half-naked, dripping-wet men, it's hard to stay unfocused. When: men only on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Where: 1750 Geary Blvd., at Fillmore. How much: communal baths are $20 weekdays; $25 weekends.

No comments: