Thursday, May 24, 2007

Attn: Eartha Kitt. Your man's been found

And he's spending more than ever. A new survey says the really rich will fork over an average $384,000 on yacht rentals this summer, up 21% from 2005. Overall, the survey of 198 people worth $10 million-plus says the wealthy will spend 56% more this summer than they did two years ago. Now I feel so much better about all that money I've been spending on Voss water lately!

Eartha Kitt growled about her manly needs (don't we all?!) in 1984's disco hit, Where is My Man? "The kind of man that I adore's the kind of man that gives me more of all the better things in life that aren't free. Such things as summer by the sea, the Hamptons, Malibu, Capri. The kind of man who comes alive, when he comes near Rodeo Drive.'' In other words, she said in the extended-play version: "I need a man with a big, big, big, big -- yacht!''

No comments: