- San Francisco Chronicle: "No one will be bored with the feature film. ... But everyone who knows the show well will have a nagging feeling that something is missing."
- Los Angeles Times: "Jokes are pin-sharp and off-the-wall loopy. ... But once the movie wanders into its contemplation of mortality and meaning, the trenchancy kind of creaks and falls off."
- USA Today: "If you like the TV show, you're going to love the movie."
- New York Times: "Plenty of amusement for both casual fans and hard-core zealots."
- Wall Street Journal: "A seamless transition from the shag carpet to the red carpet."
Now it's your turn. Grab a donut, and watch the trailer:
[Illustration: The Simpsons]